Inside: Favorite laptop for bloggers supplies and accessories that will make your life easier.
When you work from home, the equipment you have is your livelihood. So, of course, the quality of that equipment is important. You can only do so much with a slow laptop.
Plus, as a blogger I travel a lot! Today I’m in Chicago and my laptop allows me to work anywhere, which is why my favorite laptop for bloggers both supplies & accessories are very high up on my priority list.
You may be surprised by some of the options below. Of course, I included the big names for those of you with money to invest. But I also included some lesser-known options that are much more affordable.
Each of these laptop supplies will serve you well on your blogging journey while traveling or at home.
I also included a list of the best supplies and accessories that would benefit a blogger’s life. With our line of work, you take any help you get. So check out this list, and fill those shopping carts!
Favorite Laptop for Bloggers Supplies and Accessories You Need
First up, I have some of the obvious options. Don’t turn away just yet, because some of these big names have certain kinds of laptops that are more suited for the life of a blogger.
The laptops below can cost anywhere from $500-$2000, depending on what you choose. But don’t worry about the big chunk of change… it’s a tax write-off!
1. Apple Macbook Air 2020 – M1 – Naturally, this list kicks off with the Apple Macbook Air. You may be surprised that this isn’t the Macbook pro; let me explain. When it comes to blogging, you are mainly creating your content entirely online, and you have little use for downloaded programs.
The Macbook Air is a much more affordable laptop that has everything that you will need to blog. The link I included is actually refurbished as well, so it is even more affordable.
2. Macbook Pro – If you plan on doing work with your laptop that requires more features or downloads, then the pro would be the best fit for you. These laptops can last decades, so try not to flinch at a price. It’s worth it.
3. Asus Zenbook – This Asus zenbook is another lovely option for bloggers out there. It has a quick loading speed and lots of hard drive space.
4. HP Spector 360 – When I tell you this laptop is cool, believe me. It has the ability to flip backward and become a touch screen. This would undoubtedly become very useful when you are working!
5. Microsoft Surface Laptop – Sticking with the touchscreen theme, the Microsoft surface pro is a super nifty machine that would serve you well as a blogger if you gave it a chance.
6. Google Pixel Laptop – I used to have a Google Pixelbook, and it was a better starter laptop for me. They are more affordable than other options, and they work well.
7. Acer Aspire 5 – This powerhouse has an intel core and a beautiful retinal screen. You will never see anything better on a laptop in this price range.
Best Supplies and Accessories for Bloggers
Next up, I have some of the best supplies and accessories for bloggers. There are so many little gadgets that will make your daily life easier. It’s about time that you invested in them! So check out the list I have for you below, and see how many of these you still need to get.
8. Laptop Stand Idea – As a blogger, something that you must make a priority is your posture. I know how tempting it may be to relax on the couch while you work, but it is not worth it in the long run. This laptop stand will raise your laptop screen so you don’t have to look down as much.
9. Macbook USB Hub – If you decide on the Macbook(great choice), then you are going to need one of these USB hubs. The newer MacBooks no longer feature a USB port, so you have to get an adapter. The good news is that these adapters are actually super helpful. They give you more plus options than if you had a regular USB.
10. External Hard Drive – You are going to need an external hard drive when your laptop inevitably gets too full. This is something that you can’t really avoid in this line of work. So it’s better to be prepared.
11. Blue Light Screen Protector – You are going to be in front of your screen…a lot. So it’s important to take precautions to make sure you are limiting your exposure to blue light. Blue light can mess up your circadian rhythm, which is never a good thing.
12. Lapdesk Idea – If you don’t have very much space to work in your house yet, getting a lap desk is a must. This lap desk will sit comfortably on your lap. It even provides your wrists with padding and comfort.
13. HDMI Adapter for Duel Screen – On the opposite swing of things, if you have room for a whole setup, you can easily make a multiple-screen setup with this dual-screen adapter.
14. Wrist Pads – Typing all day is going to come with its own downsides. My wrists ache all the time from typing too much. These wrist pads are super helpful.
Affordable Laptops for Bloggers
Lastly, I wanted to share with you some more affordable laptops. I know that the first list may have been pretty scary. This one doesn’t get higher than $500, so it is more doable.
The important thing about starting a blog is not what machine you use but that you actually start it. Any of the laptops below can get you there.
15. HP 14 Laptop – HP makes wonderful machines that can last a long time. You don’t need to go broke in order to become a blogger. If you are eager to start, you can get something like this.
16. Asus L210 – Sleekness comes in handy when you are a blogger. You want to be able to take your laptop with you everywhere, this thin design is the perfect size for that. Take a look at the Asus L210
17. HP Chromebook – Chromebooks are essentially like super-light laptops that you can’t download certain programs onto. Think of it like a laptop that is just for the internet and apps. They can be very helpful when you have a blog.
18. Dell Latitude – Dell was the first brand of computer I ever had. Because of this, they have a special place in my heart. Check out the Dell Latitude for a computer that will be easy on your pockets and good for your blog.
19. Lenovo IdeaPad – The Lenovo Ideapad has wonderful reviews and even better features. It’s one of those secret powerhouses that you can take advantage of.
20. Asus Vivobook – Asus is a very well-known brand. You can trust that they know what they are doing when it comes to their own laptops.
21. Acer Chromebook – The Acer Chromebook is a super affordable option for those of you who need a laptop NOW. It’s better to have something to start with than nothing at all.
There you have it: my favorite laptop for bloggers’ supplies and accessories that you need today. I know that these will better your work life! Especially if you invest in all of the supplies and accessories.
If you are at the very beginning of your blogging journey, welcome. I have so many more tips and tricks to share with you! Blogging is one of my biggest passions, and I have learned so much throughout my career.
I would love to help you become successful.