Inside: After 14 years of blogging here are some of my best blogging tips for developing a great brand in the current online culture.
If you are just starting out on your blogging journey, welcome! I am so happy to have you join the party.
Blogging is such a fun experience, especially for those of us who love to write while also connecting with people.
I know firsthand how overwhelming this can be when you are just beginning, so I wanted to walk you through some of my favorite blogging tips for developing a great brand in 2023.
Even though the online space may feel flooded with competition these days… if you follow my tips below your chances of reaching your goals as a successful blogger are within reach!
So what are you waiting for? Take a look at the tips below to start becoming the master blogger that you are destined to be! Okay, a little dramatic, but I’m excited to see your traffic grow!
Blogging Tips For Developing A Great Brand
First up, I have some of my favorite tips that will walk you through what to do from beginning to end. As you can see below, you start with a niche, and you end with learning more about SEO tools. Take a look!
1. Choose a Helpful Niche – When you are coming up with ideas for your blog, you should always think of something that will help your audience. You want to be the place they go to when they need something. You want to be the answer to a question.
2. Create a Cute Design for Your Site – Having a cute design is an absolute necessity when it comes to starting a blog. You want it to be sleek, coherent, easy to navigate and have some of your personality of course.
3. Spend Time Creating You’re ‘About Us’ Page – Though the majority of people will not make it to your ‘about us’ page, having one that is well thought out, stylish, and well-spoken is the way to grow an audience that will keep coming back and it will help Google to recognize you, which is an important signal in the new EAT blogging environment.
4. Make Your Own Logo – You want to create a logo because you want a small image that a person can automatically link to you and your brand. That way, you are more likely to get clicks and remain consistent throughout a new readers online experience.
5. Be Consistent with Your Writing – You want to remain consistent in your writing style. You can, of course, make changes, but the main goal here is to be something your audience can depend on both in the voice your brand communicate in and in the post style, timing etc.
Writing Tips for Brand Consistency
6. Post on a Consistent Basis – This is helpful not only for your audience, but so that google is able to recognize you as a valuable source of information. It takes a little while for google to trust you, when starting a new brand it is very normal to take at least 6 months before ranking well for keywords, but don’t let that stop you!
It’s like pushing a snowball up hill, and eventually it will begin to roll on its own. Use the time you have in this google sandbox to build up a trove of consistent content and you will be rewarded.
7. Find a Blog Post Style That Fits Your Brand and Use it As a Template – This is a wonderful idea if you have no idea where to start or what you want your blog to look like. You don’t have to reinvent the wheel; you just need to add a coat of paint that is all you.
Explore some of your favorite sites and note what they are doing, take pieces you like from it and create your own blog post style that is uniquely branded to you.
8. Post At Least Once Per Week, More If You Can – This goes along with remaining consistent for your brand. If you know you can post one article a week for certain, go with that. If you think you can do more, go for it.
9. Use Key Words To Choose Your Articles – This is something I wish I had known when I was starting out. Choose your articles by what keywords you will be able to rank for.
I offer a lot of training on how to do this, but here are a few of my favorite SEO tools to use for this.
10. Solve a Problem For Your Audience – This can look like anything from giving them self-care advice to showing them how to fix a lightbulb.
Think through what the biggest questions your readers will have and try hard to answer them. A great way to do this is to use a free tool like Answer the Public.
11. Educate On A Unique Level – As I said before, you aren’t going to be reinventing the wheel here, but you can bring your own unique voice and advice to the table. Use it!
Write down a list of all the things you are good at and look at how they intersect with each other. This simple exercise will show you where your zone of genius is and how you can set yourself apart in the often flooded blogging world.
12. Identify Your Target Audience – By identifying your target audience, you will be able to gear your content towards them and you will ultimately create a lovely lifestyle business brand.
13. Learn How to Use SEO – SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. This is how well you will be accessible on the internet. Make it your friend!
14. Study KPIs – KPIs are essentially stats that you can study and use to your advantage. You’ll want to set your own to track of course and as you gain data points it will help you to define and determine how your brand best fits in your niche to serve the audience you are attracting.
More Tips for Developing Your Brand
Although the ones above are a wonderful start, I had to give you even more blogging tips for developing a great brand. Keep on learning below to see what you can do to succeed.
15. Post On Social Media – Social media is the way to go in terms of promoting you and your brand. You can develop quit the following across platforms. My best input here is to look for the new platforms and technology and try it out!
16. Be Colorful and Entertaining – Basically, what I am saying is to be yourself and don’t be afraid to add some glitter in along the way.
17. Use Passion In Your Voice – Make sure that whatever you are talking about, you are passionate about it. This will help to create a unique audience base.
18. Find Someone You Admire and See What Works for Them – If you like the way another brand’s Instagram looks, try something similar. Don’t be afraid to ask for help, take courses and connect with others in your niche.
19. Grow with Your Team – As you begin to grow, you may have to employ different people to help you carry the load so that you can maintain your quality.
This can create a challenge to maintaining your brand identity, so grow slow here is my best tip and ensure you are training well with your complete brand package, systems and processes.
20. Use Different Visuals – Make it easy and fun to look at. That is the first thing people are going to see when they enter your sight, so of course, it should be good. You can use a software like Canva to create cohesive brand images that will stand out online.
21. Make Long Blog Posts – Long blog posts do better sometimes, but mostly it’s less about the number count and more about covering a topic completely! That should be your aim when writing always.
22. Create a Newsletter – Having a newsletter will keep people coming back. It’s like creating a little audience that will stick around weekly and it’s a great space to keep moving your brand forward with your audience.
23. Have a Variety In Your Content – You don’t want to write about the same thing over and over again. So make sure that you have some variety in your content.
24. Build Your Online Presence – You can do this in a myriad of ways, but it is one of the best things I’d suggest when starting a brand. Get on podcasts, guest post anything to get your name built up online.
25. Keep an Eye On Your Analytics – Keeping an eye on your analytics is the best way to be able to understand what you can be doing better as you grow.
26. Your Content Should Be Current – Keep up with the trends and current problems. This way, you are always searchable.
27. Follow What Is Trending – Speaking of trends, keep track of what is trending through Google Trends, it is free and will be a valuable asset to show you what’s coming in hot, growing and what search terms are declining as time goes on.
28. Fall In Love With It – And, of course, fall in love with what you do. It is the easiest way to become successful with your brand.
People can really feel it when someone is passionate about their work and brand. Be the one that gets other excited and they’ll come back for more.
I think you are ready to get out there and start grow your brand the right way! I know how crazy this can be, to have to learn so much at one time, but I know that you will be able to get the hang of it.
I always say…
It’s better to start imperfectly, than to wait another day.
If you want some more blogging tips, be my guest! Look through some of our other super helpful starter blog ideas that will help you earn that first $1000. I know that money is not how we rank success, but it can still feel so nice to have that extra work pay off – Get started on that here.
And if you are looking for one on one help to get your brand moving, I offer limited blog coaching sessions here.
Blogging is so much fun; you get to keep up with the trends, help your audience, and learn all along the way. I love what I do and I’m certain with time and work you can to!