Inside: Best working mom blogs you need to keep up on to inspire your own daily habits.
Motherhood is such a beautiful thing, but it comes with its own unique set of challenges. Although each child is different, every mom knows the struggles that come from trying to balance her kids and her career.
In our society today, it is so hard for a mom to also have a career because she is expected to be the sole caretaker for her children. Even though being a full-time mom and a full-time worker is more accepted nowadays, there is still some stigma around it, along with some internalized guilt.
I think a woman choosing her family, AND her passion should be celebrated.
To help you along your journey of balancing motherhood and your career hood (not a word, but it works), I have found some of the best working mom blogs that you need in your life.
These blogs will not only make you feel more seen with your problems, but they often have tips to help you live a better life!
Best Working Mom Blogs
This first list of mom blogs is some of my favorites, so naturally, I had to start with them. I think you will find them to be hilarious, truthful, and super helpful. You can take your time going through them to see which ones fit your personal vibe. Each one is a little different! I took little descriptions from their pages so you could get a good feel for their style.
1. Busy Since Birth – “Hello! I’m Cheryl, the writer behind Busy Since Birth. Thanks for visiting my site! Juggling all of the marriage, kids, work, school, home, health, life! – has become a topic that fascinates me. How we make choices in life, what we deem important. I’ve tried to chronicle my experiences here.”
2. The Mrs. The Mommy. The M.D. – “My journey navigating marriage, motherhood, and medicine.”
3. 3 Kids, 2 Dogs, and 1 Old House – “Although we look heck of a put together in that picture, that’s not really a true reflection of our every day. We’re just as shouty and messy as any other family, except that we write about it for everyone to see. What can I say, I’m weird like that.”
4. Redefining Mom Blog – “Hi! I am thrilled that you’re here. My name is Monica Froese and I live in Buffalo, NY with my husband and our two beautiful girls. I have a deep desire to help moms thrive at home and work. I’m a strong believer that guilt has no place in motherhood. In fact, one of my mottos is I’m not a stay-at-home and I feel zero guilt about my choice to work.”
5. Motherly – “We believe in creating a world in which all mothers are thriving.”
6. Mom Blog Society – “Our vision is to utilize the power and potential of the Internet to connect consumers and brands around the world as never before – making life just a little easier for moms and caregivers!”
Popular Blogs about Working Mothers
I wanted to include some of the most popular mom blogs because they are obviously popular for a reason. Each is unique in it’s own way, but they have one thing in common: Workings moms supporting each other! I just love this corner of the internet.
I hope you enjoy this list!
7. South African Working Mom Blog – “I am Cherralle, South African mommy blogger, based in Johannesburg. Founder of My Daily Cake, a South African Working Mom Lifestyle Blog. I am a mom to two gorgeous daughters, and I love writing about women, work and our daily lives. My Daily Cake is the place where working mothers can find useful information, insights and inspiration for their careers, parenting and lifestyle.”
8. The Mom At Law – “Hi! I’m Candace Alnaji, Esq. As founder of The Mom at Law® PLLC, my goal is to provide knowledgeable career guidance and workplace education. I offer free resources, online courses, and 1:1 career coaching to women lawyers navigating career transitions.”
9. Chaos & Quiet – “Chaos & Quiet was created to help busy families simplify and organize their chaotic lives. Our goal is to provide you with top-notch information, advice, and support – we want to help create that village that so many of us are lacking.”
10. Fab Working Mom Life – “Fab Working Mom Life is a family lifestyle blog where I share my journey as I figure out this whole baby and parenting thing while working full time and still maintaining my hobbies and identity (wishful thinking?).”
11. Sweaty As a Mother – “My name is Taylor Merritt, and I am married to my high school sweetheart, Spencer, and we have three kiddos — Marlie (4), Jax (2)and Brooks (9mo). I started this website to share my experiences and expertise as a mother, trainer and in nutrition. “
Best Working Mom Blogs You Need In Your Life
Lastly, this list is full of the best working mom blogs that you need in your life. I think you will get a kick out of these ones; just when you think these blogs couldn’t get any cooler, this list had to go and top them all. Check these out, and be prepared to bookmark the ones you like so you can come back to them.
12. Bizzie Mommy – “Hi, I’m Stephanie and I love being a Mommy! This website came about as I went through pregnancy, the terrible two’s and beyond including having a life of my own outside of mom’ing.”
13. The Working Mom – “Lisa and I co-founded this company based on a strong friendship and a strong desire to do something different after many years in healthcare. We are dedicated, goal oriented working moms, and we look forward to connecting with this amazing population of women.”
14. Working Mom Kind – “May motherhood unite us, may we lift each other up, and may we continue to educate our children and advocate loudly for one another.”
15. Corperette Moms – “CorporetteMoms has only been around since 2014, but we’ve covered a lot of issues of interest to new working moms and pregnant overachieving chicks.”
16. Working Mom Magic – “I’m a working mom doing my best to keep it all together with the help of some fancy illusions and sleight of hand.”
17. Mom Life Happy Life – “I started blogging years ago when I became a stay at home mom. I needed a place to connect to other moms, share my advice and have a creative outlet – all without leaving the house.”
I really hope that you add some of these blogs to your rotation. Adding more content into your life that reflects the reality of you and the way you live will help you to feel more like you have a community. Having a community comes with so many benefits, I can’t even begin to count them.
Although these mom blogs might feel like a small first step, they really aren’t. They are a way for you to laugh at the hard things, learn better ways around obstacles in your life, and just overall improve your experience both in the office and at home.
I am obsessed with these. I think you will be too! If you are thinking about starting your own career, I have some wonderful articles to get you started. So if you want to level up to that next tier of boss girl living, then you need to see these!